life stories

Welcome to Coconut Connections

Real life stories

Thursday, November 17, 2011

To day: November 15, we played golf, wished the weather would stay like this.





A beautiful day today. We played a round of golf again, with our dear friends Fred and Geri Selby.I cannot believe the weather is still so nice.The forecast for the weekend is mild again. Well bring it on.They can keep winter. I am not a winter person.Ruud my husband for 50 years has to have a knee replacement on the end of this month. I call him the bionic man now. He will have two artificial knees, a steel plate in his neck a human bone in his back etc. etc. He beeps when he goes through the x-ray machine at the airport.Maybe soon I can control him from a distance with a remote control.







A friend is someone we turn to
When our spirits need a lift
A friend is someone we treasure
For our friendship is a gift
A friend is someone who fills our lives
With beauty, joy and grace
And makes the world we live in
A better and happier place!

How lucky we are, that we live in this beautiful place Canada.
In this world there are still so many countries where people don't know, what it is to live in freedom. We take it so for granted.As I grow older I start to appreciate more and more, how beautiful life is.And so often I have to think about my father, who had to die fighting for his country. He was so young, only 26 years old.And as I am writing this I know that young men are still dying every day, fighting for freedom, in countries where Tyrants rule.My heart goes out to their families, as I know what it is to lose a loved one.
But almost as long as there has been life, war has been apart of it. Mankind continues to wage war, even though the consequences often breed nothing but misery!However, when a person is called to defend his or her country, or to protect defenseless people, it is his/her duty to fight.
There is no question that there is evil in the world and we must not rest on our laurels and say it is none of our business. We cannot stand by and watch, while others are being persecuted. It is the duty of mankind to uphold justice!So many people turn their backs. I saw a TV program the other day where they had sat up a camera and video taped a little girl who pretended to be kidnapped, screaming on top of her lungs, that this man was trying to take her and that he was not her father. I was shocked to see how many people looked and turned a blind eye.When they were asked why they did not try to help this little girl, there answer was that they were minding their own business.. If this had been real, how would they have felt if they would read in the newspaper that this little girl was found murdered? Could they live with the quilt that they did not take any notice and because of that ,this little girl lost her life.

I have to share this poem with you, written by:Wim Rainier

Love and understanding.


Can I describe the years gone
Life they say is just a song,
I doubt if this is quite true
One pays the price in all we do,
Believe it or not we must go on
Mistakes we make are wrong,
Lessons are learned this way
Try to accept that we have to pay
But love and understanding is our aim
It's purity in life is our gain. 

 

Bird Love





Dancing in the sea



Let their always be sunshine!




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive