Today May 24, Victoria Day, another soldier killed in Afghanistan. I feel so sad. He was only 26 years old. The age of my father when he died a Prisoner of War, by the Japanese, in 1943.
I guess as long as there are these fanatic's in the world, good people have to die, to make it a safer and a better place for us to live in." They are giving their tomorrow for our today."
They shall not grow old,
As we that left grow old,
Age shall not weary them,
Nor the years distress
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We will remember them,
This was written for the soldiers who died in 1941-1945. Now it is 2010, and the beat goes on!
While I am writing this story, firecrackers are going of, to celebrate Summer is here. I can't stand the sound of firecrackers they sound like gunshots and bombs going off. I hate it. Wish they could celebrate it some what different. It is not even dark yet so you cannot even see the fireworks.When I was a little girl and we had just come back from Indonesia, my first experience to see firework was in Zandvoort in The Netherlands. I screamed my head off,I was so scared they had to take me away from it. I still don't like it. And I have to say:"What a waste of money"!
- ► 2015 (10)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (20)
- ► 2012 (81)
- ► 2011 (55)
- I like to know if anybody knows these people?
- Letters from Queen Wilhelmina,
- Is it ever going to stop????
- Monique found out a little bit more about her gran...
- Monument in The Hague
- A poem dedicated to my parents.
- Japanese prison camp Moentilan found after the war...
- Liquidation date. August 26,1945
- Through the eyes of a child.
- Camp life at it's worst.
- The Dutch East Indies where I was born.
- ▼ May (11)